2.1

Ok, so people make fun of me because I'm still using AOL while most have moved on to g.mail, etc. That's ok...I like AOL.

No, I DID like AOL until Gold came along. What crap the desk top Gold is. 1st, I don't like how my history trail doesn't clear itself anymore when I sign off. At least I haven't been able to find a way.

I have to go in and "clear footprints" manually. 2nd, and this is a huge deal, is that it will show I have new e-mails. Go to read them, and there they are listed.....and....POOF! GONE!

In a split second! So I have to use Firefox (or another browser) and go to www.aol.com to find my mail. 3rd, it is slow to load.

The ONLY reason I am staying with AOL is because I use it as my business e-mail. In a few months I am putting my business up for sale and once it sells I will happily say good-bye to AOL Desktop Gold.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aol Gold Desktop Application.

Reason of review: Disappearing e-mail!.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Aol Pros: Aol before gold, Ease of using my previous email service, Previous versions of desktop.

Aol Cons: Everyhing just does not work, Software, Aol gold is very bad and they are charging for it, Aol gold and having to switch.

• Aol Gold Complaint

Comments

I agree with you AOL gold is not a solid program the last few days i have had issues login in

This aol gold is not user friendly at all...a pile of {{Redacted}}.

#1420794

I too HATE AOL Gold! I liked the AOL Desktop and would like to have it back!

I used to be able to cut and paste airline confirmation s to a new email but GOLD creates lines of separation that did not appear with Desktop. I also HATE the fact that my Favorite Places was totally disorganized when the changed it to alphabetical order and totally disorganized my folders, and attempting to rearrange easily as Desktop allowed, doesn't work! I have only used AOL since I got my first computer because of it's ease of use for a novice. In addition, I book Southwest Airlines reservations online and, for the past several months, their confirmations will not deliver to my AOL email address and no one can figure out why, so I have to use my husband's email address and forward to mine.

Now, for the past few days, I can't even open AOL GOLD! Every time I have to contact AOL HELP, I am told they can't help me!

?? If I could find an alternate service provider that would allow the ease od use I previously had, I would cancel AOL!

Aol Reviews