I found out on the June 23, 2017 was locked out of my email account. It says someone was in my account.

I was out of town using my account. I doubt it very seriously any one was in there. I tried calling this morning and they insisted my account did not exist, then told me I had to pay to get it reinstated, I had a pay account with Netscape years ago and changed to free AOL with same name. A couple of years ago I got the same thing but my account was reinstated without a problem.

Now they want money or I lose my emails. It seems that they have this blackmail thing going every couple of years for those that had a pay account that went free. One email in there which is important, but still not willing to start to pay for something I have had for free more than 15 years. It seems that the Philippine people are the customer service reps.

They do not speak American English every well and I feel that parts of the conversation is lost. The person I spoke with (ChaChi) kept repeating the scrip they are taught which of course does not let me back in my email. But the long story short unless I pay for my account they will not let me in it. If I can spread this far enough which I will try.

Hopefully no one will keep an account with them. My plan is to post in as many complaint sites as I can find.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aol Email Service.

Reason of review: locked out of email.

Preferred solution: My account restored..

Aol Pros: Use of my email.

Aol Cons: Poor service, Customer service, Customer service reps.

• Aol Sucks