Having been with AOL for over 25 years, I can say, categorically, AOL Gold might be better called AOL Lead. Verizon has absolutely ruined the brand.

I can't believe how "bean counters" can be so blind. What they have done here will actually drive users away. Mail filing has become almost unusable. Favorite Places formatting is no longer intuitive.

Mailing to addressees in address book groups bears no resemblance to AOL 9.8.2. My wife has had an unbelievably hard time with Gold ~ and I fear that she will not stay with the product either. Literally hours with AOL Tech Support and Customer Service provides nothing beyond uninformed platitudes and no results.

I WILL be looking for another mail platform so that I can, hopefully, transfer all my mail files to something more user friendly. Verizon/AOL ~ Shame on you!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Aol Gold Desktop Application.

Preferred solution: Return to AOL 9.8.2.

Aol Cons: Aol gold software.

Comments

I don't like the new aol gold. I used to do all my work offline as my internet service is slow and erratic.

Now, I can do nothing off-line.

And most of my email addresses are either gone or totally scrambled. Usless.

Yes, I am looking to change to another provider after 20 years with aol.

Aol Reviews