West Chester, Pennsylvania
1.4

God I hate this new software. Everything was going along fine with the old version on my old PC until they switched to this *** AOL Gold version.

I have a brand new PC with Win 10. Anytime I open the software the pages that come up are blank. I go online and pages are blank. I open mail and pages are blank.

I used to do a lot of cutting and pasting on AOL, taking info from webpages and pasting it to emails to send or save, like travel info. So I call the Helpline, they take over the PC, make some changes and it's all working. I can access webpages and use them for about 1/2 hour and then it all returns to blank pages AGAIN. Same problem with mail.

Same thing occurred the second, third and fourth times I called and wasted about 1-1/2 hours each time. One tech tried to show me ways around the problem, like signing on as Admin, changing browser security to clear fonts,... Some never worked, some like Admin sign-on worked for a couple of weeks. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

I basically have to use the online version and try to fend thru all the advertising and not as good toolbar. I have a decade of stored emails and info on AOL and hate to just walk away from it and go to a new service. But this is unbearable and I'm even willing to pay for the monthly fee IF IT WOULD WORK!!! I have never seen anything work so badly.

Never seen customers screwed so badly.

AOL is self destructing. AOL is a LEAD BALLOON

Product or Service Mentioned: Aol Gold Desktop Application.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Aol Pros: Aol software for decades but no longer, Old versions of desktop, Ability to save important emails, Previous versions of desktop, Some features in the past.

Aol Cons: New aol gold which is a lead bust, Inability to fix a recurrent problem over months, Incredible excess of ads and junk on the online webpage, Offering no choice of software other than aol gold fiasco.

• Elderly Abusers

Comments

no improvement in the desktop software. No response to my complaints and emails. AOL doesn't care anymore.

I think it's *** garbage I'm not paying these *** idiots 5 dollars a month they destroyed themselves they must have some young idiots working for their company people boycott aol until they bring back the last version of the software and make that it's free because this version *** sucks

Aol Reviews