I have been a member of aol since 1999 and decided to cancel my membership. I tried to get into my account and something was wrong with my password.

I didn't forget it, AOL did and then I was locked out. I tried to email them (there seems to be no one home at their customer service email) I called and the rep said, Yes I see you tried to cancel. She tried to work with me remotely to cancel and she couldn't get into my account. She then said, we can't cancel your account, only you can and that I should call a particular number and stress to them that you are cancelling your membership, whatever they say to you, just keep repeating this.

I needed to call membership again and they needed to send me to another phone number. They finally said my membership was cancelled when in pure aggravation, I said this is some kind of scam. Then suddenly they were able to cancel my membership. I believe they purposefully confuse the situation by saying, we can't cancel your email, making you think that they can't cancel your membership.

When they actuality, cancel your membership and then they send you a letter for permission to cancel your email name.

This appears to me to be a SCAM and desperate attempt to keep business in a world where you no longer need to PAY to have an email account and why should anyone when you are constantly getting bombarded with ads even though you are paying to be a member. Really.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Aol Cons: Too many pop ads and very bad cancelation process.

Comments