Style and Design

After downloading the new AOL Desktop Gold, I discovered all my over 350 Favorite Places were not in alphabetical order as they were in AOL 9.8.It took me over 6-hours to put them back in order.

Also, the "Manage" button at the bottom of My Favorite Places is missing. The "celebrity voice" I used for greeting and sign off is not accessible and the wallpaper I used to have in my background is not accessible either.

This new version is much slower than the older version as well.Please fix these problems ASAP or I will be shopping for another ISP.

Review about: Aol Gold Desktop Application.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Fix problems stated above.

I didn't like: New aol gold which is a lead bust, Aol gold version.

Comments

My family laughs at me because I still use AOL.Most people don't even use aol anymore.

I stuck with it, because I personally liked it. Not anymore. I can no longer pick out wallpaper or buddy icons, and received notice that they are no longer going to support Instant messaging. I figured , since they aren't as popular anymore, that they would advance and increase, but they have done the exact opposite.

It is worse. It's almost like they want us to switch to another service. After all of these years, it looks like I am going to cancel my paid aol. I pay monthly, like a lot of us, and will probably switch to another service.

We aren't getting more for our money, we are getting less.

Very disappointed!!!:(

AOL TECH SUPPORT DO TO AN ISSUE DOWN LOADED ME TO AOL DESK TOP GOLD, I REPORTED MY ADDRESS BOOK DID NOT DOWN LOAD PROPERLY AND DROVE ME TO DISPAIR, ALSO FILE WITH PHOTOS WERE NOT THERE, AFTER CALL AFTER CALL AND REPORTING A CASE NUMBER GIVEN, I SWITCHED BACK TO THE GREAT AOL 9.8.2.

M.C. ROSENSTEIN

SPRING HILL FLORIDA

to wingspaa #1403722

I understood it that we couldn't switch to any other aol after a certain date. If we can, I will do that too.

I also lost my "Favorite Places".We didn't even have a chance to NOT UPGRADE TO GOLD".

Even Microsoft asks us if we want to get the new version. AND WE PAY FOR AOL. I also lost my voices. I spent 7 hours today with multiple AOL Techs to try to fix the problem.

I finally found a TECH 1 person and he was in the process of restoring everything and we got disconntected. I called back and of course, had to start at square 1 with someone else. I still dont have may "Favorite Places". I'm 65 years old and I've been using AOL for ever.

I am so frustrated with this situation because I didn't have a choice not to go GOLD, that now I'm trying to figure out how I can get a gmail account like my kids and let everyone I know to contact me there.At least gmail is free.

"

I HATE AOL Gold too.I used the old version up until today when i was forced to switch.

So far... I HATE the email most of all. Gone is resizing of photos and photo editing. PLUS the box is MUCH smaller.

So when someone sends me a picture in an email all I can see is a third of it. I can't even edit it so I can see it because that is GONE!

Send them FEEDBACK.Tell them you hate it.

to catherine #1382360

Thank you for mentioning this horror with pictures ("INSERT IN EMAIL") !

I used to send a lot of my photos to friends as Cut & Paste (since some are a bit bigger, therefore I can't send many of them in one ATTACHMENT).

This was a wonderful way to share photos - with a possibility to do some additional editing and resizing.

GONE NOW !

======================

Another very important feature is MISSING : Have you tried to save your mail (personal letters, documents, etc.) outside the AOL frame ? Click FILE in the upper left corner and try to save ANYTHING !!! A NORMAL thing would be clicking on SAVE AS and you can save the material ANYWHERE YOU WANT . (In my case it would be my external hard drive where I keep ALL important materials since I don't trust AOL and now more than ever I see that I was right !)

Well ....

this opportunity is GONE NOW as well ! In general clicking on FILE does nothing at all ! A link OPEN (which would normally show the content of your computer) is simply NOT THERE !!!! Therefore I can't see MY PC content and the external hard drive either - at all !

And I'm wondering how will I get any documents from there in case I need them ?!? Or how am I going to save let's say any confirmation I may get from my bank, from my doctor, purchases, etc........ These geniuses who decided to kill AOL this way obviously never took these situations into consideration and even though I already had TWO very long sessions with their techies (one wrote a "report", describing these significant problems and telling me that I probably have a bug and the other one reinstalled this junk without any change), NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. Two days ago they mercilessly destroyed my 9.8.2 which was working perfectly well and I'm absolutely devastated.

I've been paying for their service for at least 20 years , yet now I'm being forced to switch providers one way or another since this "product" called AOL GOLD is a total JUNK which is rather hard to use.SIGH ...