So, I log on earlier today and see that my Favorite Places are now arranged alphabetically and I don't see where I can change them back to the way they were. If I wanted them arranged this way I would have done it myself.

AOL Gold is by far the worst program I have. I contacted AOL support and their solution was for me to reinstall AOL Gold. If I do this I will have to redo all of my settings again and will lose all the saved passwords for all sites and forums.

If I reinstall Gold there is no guarantee that it will fix the problem. After almost 20 years as an AOL user, it looks like it is time to find another ISP.

Review about: Aol Gold Desktop Application.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

AOL keeps resetting and moving my google.....I know this is because they don't support it. They also rearranged all of my favorites into alphabetical order.........Why in the h would they decide how I should have my favorties.

I have them in order as I use them..........and the new stuff I want to look at later will always be at the bottom.

If iI wanted them in alphabetical order, I would have done that myself. This royally sucks......I'm tired of their biased news anyway.............and the ridiculously headlines.........I have always called them the AOL Enquirer........

Mine too! Woke up this morning & all my favorites were alphabetized!

In addition, all the folders are arranged first, then after them all my individual sites. And everything is in alphabetical order. As the OP said, if I had wanted them that way I'd have done it. I have had nothing but trouble since AOL "forced" me to switch to AOL Gold...it absolutely sucks and I can find no advantages to it at all.

Mail gets deleted by itself, old mail mixed in with new , etc. And everything locks up...ALOT.

AOL, wtf is the matter with you??

You already have a bad reputation & no one but us loyal, diehard, long-time AOL users who don't want to go thru the hassle of changing our email address are still with you...and it's almost like you are TRYING to drive us away. Idiots.

CompLane

Has anyone here been able to import the AOL address book into Gmail using the "Shuttlecloud" provider that G mail recommends?

I am pissed also after 20 yrs. if I wanted them arranged that way I would have done it This Gold aol is for the birds,,..... fix it asap otherwise I go some where else

Hey AOL!

Upgraded to Gold, worked faster and better than ever!

Then you freaked me out and killed my love for you when YOU decided that YOU wanted Favorites List, NOT BY FAVORITE AND MOST IMPORTANT FIRST, as customers want it, BUT BY ALPHABETICAL ORDER, THE WAY YOU WANT IT! Supposed to be My Favorites, Not Your Favorites!

This was intensely stupid and without merit. I'll give you 24 hours to fix the problem or after 20 years, leave you for a better experience, like Chrome, or Firefox, or Anybody !!!

PLEASE STOP BEING STUPID, at least test your plans first!

SOMEBODY HAS TOO MUCH ARROGANCE OR STUPIDITY, OR IS DELIBERATELY TRYING TO DESTROY AOL! WHAT, ARE YOU DRUNK OR WHAT?

GET WITH IT! MAKE IMPROVEMENTS, INSTEAD OF BEING MEAN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS !

Incredulous, gut punched, waiting for apology.... Hawk

If I rename the bookmarks with a number in front of them I can put them in whatever order I want. Still stupid of AOL.

Nobody asked for this! If anything they could have made it an option.

Exactly! Me too! Hate it!

I have been with AOL since 1997 and , over the years they have made some helpful improvements. AOL Desktop Gold is with out a doubt

an absolute atrocity !

Today my Favorites List went alphabetical and

I can't find anything without a 5 minute search. The definition of an "Idiot" is the software engineer who sold AOL on all of these changes. This is the biggest marketing disaster sine the introduction of the "New Coke". It is almost as if AOL decided to develop a new software that will immediately lose over a million subscribers.

If so, believe me, you will far exceed your expectations. Goodbye Advertisers, Goodbye profits--GOODBYE AOL !!

Same thing has suddenly happened to me. And to make things worse, it won't now allow me to re-arrange my bookmarks in their original listing order.

I agree as do not want my favorite places in alphabetical order. I had them in groups rather than alphabetical. Not every favorite goes in a folder.

AOL Gold is the worst version ever, and we have to pay for bad service.

dmtrashman2