1.5

Installed Gold. Browser would bring up web page and then go blank.

E-mail - reply to a message and the body of the message blank. Try to write a new mail and you could not select body of message. Tried support to fix problem. After waiting 20 minutes sent to tech support.

Tech tried several things with no fix and then rebooted my computer in safe mode. This screwed up the interactive session and never heard from the tech again. Got another tech who was on the phone with me. He tried several things while using the interactive session.

He asked me to reboot the modem, then the phone went to fast busy and he never resumed the interactive session. Guess if you can't figure out the problem you just disconnect.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aol Gold Desktop Application.

Preferred solution: Keep the version I have and not force Gold update.

Aol Pros: Aol software for decades but no longer.

Aol Cons: Being forced to use aol gold or lose aol, Aol is absolutely the worst, I am very disappointed in aol gold.

• Aol Gold Complaint

Comments

I have been an AOL customer for years and years. But this AOL Gold is a really terrible substitute, and it is being forced on us.

The email is screwed up...and everything that used to be so intuitive and easy now takes longer and takes more key strokes than ever before. If I cannot have my old AOL back, I'm through. I have many friends who are just as irritated as I am. The new AOL Gold has really screwed up the works for me.

Things are no longer there. I cannot access any of my screen names other than the main one. Many of my favorites (bookmarks) have disappeared. And the list goes on.

The AOL technician downloaded AOL Gold for me to make sure it was properly installed. It doesn't work worth a damn and I keep getting emails from you saying that I need to download AOL Gold. Most of the technicians speak with a strong accent and very softly and they are difficult to understand.

One seemed to have no knowledge of how to fix any of the problems and he kept saying "just let me try this" and finally he just disconnected. AOL is now bad news.

Aol Reviews