1.8
Style and Design

1. Why do I have to go through two very slow "Sign On" screens to open AOL ?

I should be able to type in my password on the first screen which has my email address. 2. AOL opens on "Welcome" news instead of on my Mail folders. Cannot figure out how to change it.

3. "Welcome screens open VERY slow and then require "show images & ..." - WHY? 4. Very cumbersome to place unwanted email addresses into a "Block Mail" folder.

It requires too many various steps to make it happen. Before (in AOL 9.8) I could just highlight it and with a right mouse click move it to the "Block mail" folder - but not now! In total a big bag of disappointment & frustration.

Maybe I should swith to Gmail or MS Outlook. KWW

Review about: Aol Gold Desktop Application.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Previous versions of desktop.

I didn't like: Whole aol gold experience, Aol is absolutely the worst.

Comments

AOL Gold is by far the worst of the worst , I cant believe they can't fix this... and we're paying for this?MY hard drive is running at 95% when AOL is running. This is the only program that causes any problem.

I agree AOL Gold Is Useless. Please fix this or revert back to the previous version.

Gold is not good, I like the old one better

Robert

I agree with user35434381 and Rich Sanders, yes molasses. AOL Desktop Gold is terrible.

It runs very slow. Both my father and I use it. We had to switch to Gold, because Desktop 9.8.2 was no longer able to retrieve or send e-mails, since you are unable to sign on . I still use AOL Desktop 9.8.2 to search for pics, to us Google and for youtube videos.

I miss AOL Desktop 9.8.2, have no idea why AOL had to change it. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." AOL seriously needs to patch Gold immediately.

I agree. After loading AOL Desktop Gold my mail is like molasses on a cold day.

It's ridiculous to pay for a "new and improved" software when the former AOL was perfectly fine. I would use AOL mail on the web, but you can't access your file cabinet.

They got us good this time. Gmail, here I come.