1.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Takes forever to log on. Everything you used to do in a second now takes forever.

Hate hate hate AOL Gold and they expect me to pay for it?. I have been an AOL user since 1994, but they will lose me now if this is the way it will stay. Hate, hate, hate AOL GOLD. Don't get it, it sucks.

Can't do anything I used to be able to do. They want more money just for help. Losers. AOL Gold sucks, AOL Gold sucks, AOL Gold sucks, AOL Gold sucks, AOL Gold sucks, AOL Gold sucks, AOL Gold sucks.

Hate hate hate AOL Gold and they expect me to pay for it? AOL Gold sucks.

Review about: Aol Gold Desktop Application.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: I am very dissapointed in gold and nw, Whole aol gold experience, Undelivered promises, Service--high price of aol--too much advertising, Being forced to use aol gold or lose aol.

Comments

#1562070

My AOL Gold desktop suddenly got VERY slow a couple weeks ago. Before that there were blank areas in each window, such as email, weatherbug and other windows I use.

Now those blanks are all filled with constantly changing ads from the internet. I suspect this is why it uses 1/3 to 1/2 of my CPU. Every time I click on anything in the AOL, it takes a very long time to respond.

Files named CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe are continuously active while AOL is loaded and they come back after I "end process" in Task Manager. After all these years of paying for AOL it appears that I will now have to give it up because they got so greedy.

aol gold takes 28% of my cpu time..and email loading is VERY SLOE

is AOL Gold slow in a computer because there are 2 versions?because my other computer is fasterwhat can i do about slow computer

AOL gold is extremely slow. Mail response time is awful.

Using tons of disk space and memory, with computer constantly churning away. I have to frequently reboot just to get it to function for a few minutes. I have been a user of AOL since AOL's birth.

This is making me seriously consider alternatives. Maybe that is their business model - they want to go out of business.

AOL Gold is the worst! Slowwwwwwwwwww!

Agree and it doesn't have IMAP like old version

Aol gold is horrible!

This is the worst 'upgrade' I have been subjected too. Slow and takes most of the CPU. This is a 16G I7.

angueira.endo_81

I downloaded AOL RUST (there is nothing Gold about it) and it really is a POS. The word "slow" falls short of describing how poorly this program performs. I have been using AOL since the days of floppy discs but I may have to give it up.

I agree aol and verizon should be shot for trying to sell this. No one in there right mind would buy it. pay for poor service- don't think so.

AOL was bought out by Verizon, one of the worst companies that there is.

In order to keep Verizon alive, they must stick us with fees that are ridiculous.

I'll be ditching them as soon as my trial is up.

The quality of Gold is so poor that they should be paying us to stay.