19.6K views

I was told that the fee was $4.99.In plain language the New aol gold sucks.

If I have to pay I don't want to see ads all over my mail, reading or when I'm writing. Send to later folder is all messed up. It seems to crash more & runs slower. After using aol for 26 yrs I have a problem , all of my important banking, govt, insurance,& social connections only have my aol email address.

I can't even imagine trying to change all those connections. UGH. I read an email & clicked on 'mark unread' when I tried to pull it back up I only got the heading but NOT the info. Trying to send email to a group of friends & being told there is a problem, but no idea what is wrong.

I always used this group in my 9.8 desktop with no problems. I can't tell you how disappointed I am with this aol gold.

Besides having the audacity to charge for what is free on so many other levels it just doesn't work.I'm starting to change all my aol correspondence to another outlet.

Review about: Aol Email Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Aol?

Comments

With the old AOL I didn't have to wait 5 minutes for it to boot up and load. Now I need to start it...then walk away and come back to even open an e-mail. I have been on AOL since 1995 but seriously thinking of changing to G-mail as AOL Gold is seriously flawed and I don't have the time to waste.

Aol gold is crap.

AOL OR OATH, whatever should have left AOL alone.Keep the software and messenger and simply charge us if they must!

I have been using AOL 20 years and the Gold is worthless and cheaply thrown together.I must wonder if Oath will just write off what was AOL on taxes.

I started with AOL back when it was my dial-up ISP. Re: "AOL gold", have begun switching my aol emails to my gmail account. I would NEVER pay any company to use their email.

AOL is run by Democrats, what more can you expect? They can't even win a election. LOL LOL LOL LOL :)

you can't paste, after copying an item either.

I don't even care about the ads.The darn thing just doesn't work.

Since installation, I had all the problems noted here; but as of tonight, I can't even use it. AOL has decided to keep two composed emails clutched to its Ethernet heart forever and the Program closes if I try to close either of them; it also closes if I try to switch to any other screenname. I'm going to try to reinstall, call AOL paid support.

But then I will start the gargantuan task of changing over all my accounts to another ISP.I have bragged to folks for years that no one bothers to *** AOL because it's so old school; but AOL Gold desktop doesn't need hackers, it hacks itself....

Spot on.I’ve had AOL for 25 years and loved it.

Not anymore. The ads on Gold are SO infuriating. It brings all my computers to a crawl while it tries to load ad after ad.

I’m livid.Time to finally pull the plug.

Yes, this is a disaster.I have many problems with AOL 9.8.2, but have been comfortable with the way a can archive my mail in "saved on my pc,", a/k/a "personal filing cabinet.

(pfc)". This feature is now saved in the cloud, so I can no longer control it. It makes by life very difficult.

If I can't resolve this, I may been to finally leave aol and go to g-mail. It is time I cut the cord.

I have been an AOL member for more than 25 years.

For those who like AOL 9.8.2 (like me), I can still have this on my computer, but after ~12/15, can no longer log-in to AOL, so it will be useless.AOL will pull the plug on something that works, and no longer allow two systems side by side for a transition period.

edie_496

We as loyal customers, should have a real choice on this matter.I would like to see a video of the new software, depicting all the highlights, especially, in my case, the Email Format.

So far, we haven't even seen a picture of how the interface looks like.

I would like to be able to download it and try it out, while still keeping the old one, and then be able to uninstall it myself if I don't like it. Having to call AOL to remove it, scares me. I would not want to have to go through a lot of debating with AOL in order to get rid of it later.

I also would like to be able to wait longer to decide.

When faced with upgrades like this, I like to wait until it has been around for awhile. I usually wait until I think they have had enough time to find and, fix all the glitches, then I give it the try. As it is now, there is no waiting. It is like; take now, or you won't be able to get it later.

What they are doing is forcing us to make a rush decision without having sufficient information.

I have been with AOL since I had my first computer on DSL. I paid for it for a few years until it went for free. I stayed with it all these years just because of their different E-Mail format. I would not mind paying to keep that, But, I won't take a chance on signing for it not knowing what this new format is like for sure.

After researching for hours and hours, it doesn't look that is something I will want to deal with.

I...