25.2K views

I was told that the fee was $4.99. In plain language the New aol gold sucks.

If I have to pay I don't want to see ads all over my mail, reading or when I'm writing. Send to later folder is all messed up. It seems to crash more & runs slower. After using aol for 26 yrs I have a problem , all of my important banking, govt, insurance,& social connections only have my aol email address.

I can't even imagine trying to change all those connections. UGH. I read an email & clicked on 'mark unread' when I tried to pull it back up I only got the heading but NOT the info. Trying to send email to a group of friends & being told there is a problem, but no idea what is wrong.

I always used this group in my 9.8 desktop with no problems. I can't tell you how disappointed I am with this aol gold.

Besides having the audacity to charge for what is free on so many other levels it just doesn't work. I'm starting to change all my aol correspondence to another outlet.

Review about: Aol Email Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Totally true!! This should be directed to a governmental agency for review! You are held hostage as they freeze your AOL account...

I totally agree...for the last 2 months I haven't been able to read my emails using Gold...none of them. I can send mail, but that's it...and of course, all the stupid ads that are in the way work fine...just can't read any of my email.

I cleared the cashed, refreshed the mail, uninstalled and reinstalled the program...nothing. Finally, against my better judgement contacted AOL on live chat...she did all the things I had already done...nothing. So, her advice was to call AOL because she was stumped. Why waste my time on the phone?Can't believe I'm PAYING for something that doesn't work.

I'll be stopping this within the next couple of weeks...why pay for this and have to use the browsers to read my emails?

I've been using AOL since 1996...but this is enough!! And what's worse is that they don't seem to care.

I too have been with aol for years you would think they would be getting better instead of worse Ive had nothing but problems with the gold version as bad as I hate to have to go somewhere else and change all my contact info Im really thinking about it. Come on aol if your gonna charge at least make it worth it.

Whatever ... days a come'n fur sure

The AOL gold is the greatest rip off in this day and age. It does not work.

and if it does work on a computer then will stop working for no reason. Most pathetic situation. I have been using this service since it started 35+ years ago. It used to be th best and now it is the WORST that it can be.Today I called the premium users help line and the guys wasted a lot of my time and then could not do anything.

I think it may be time to find another email system and then dump aol even after paying my yearly subscription.An example of how things can do downhill is aol these days. Very sad and stupid.

I, too am a 25 year loyal customer who is now just trying figure out whether it’s gonna be Gmail or outlook.

#1441973

That AOL Gold really sucks. Nothing but problems.

Lost all my contacts, but luckily got them back. I delete old mail and they come back undeleted. Lots of pop ups, junk mail etc. I could go on and on.

I've been a member since 1980.

Now they got balls to charge us for defective service. They should have kept the old AOL alone.

I think the problem is AOL Gold, compounded by Windows 10. My next computer will be a MAC.

Here is another issue ... In the old AOL version you saved your PFC (Personal Filing Cabinet" Folders and Emails and as long as you backed up your PC to an external drive - it was guaranteed you would NEVER lose all your info.

I too am a 20+ year customer with 1000's of emails with personal info I will NOT save to a cloud or anywhere except on my own protected Desktop & Hard Drive. Guess what ? AOL has flat out LIED ... we can no longer save your PFC folders...

so if your system crashed ALL IS LOST !!! Doesn't matter if you have an external drive back-up & program or not. They tell you to Right Click on Gold - Open File Location - Go to LOCAL Tab on top - Copy and Save "AOLDesktopData" Folder ... and then your PFC files would be saved and could be replace from your external backup drive.

I did that, but when my system crashed ... nothing was in there. Spent $100's of dollars on IT Tech to come to my house, after spending about 20 hours with countless AOL HelpDesk Techs ... and then was finally told by 1 honest person at AOL that the Sr Developers advised him: "The Backup Folder doesn't work & it probably never will" !!!

What the Heck - that's the only reason I use AOL Desktop. I am considering a Class Action Lawsuit !!!

to Gail #1467932

Count Me in... I have a Tech on Recording admitting that AOL has been misleading him, with his tech support to people...

It is a long story..

If you want to talk about this class action lawsuit. I think I have evidence and a story you need to hear....

Thr gold is really "Lead" what a joke...massive problems...

AOL Gold tech support seems only interested in passing the blame for its problems to others. This is a sure sign that AOL is no more.

The AOL model is a remnant of the dial-up bulletin board system decades ago. Put it down!

I have been using AOL since 1994 so needless to say, I’ve provided my email address to many entities. Don’t like paying for an inferior product and will start migrating to another service.

Kept AOL even after many rude comment and jokes but my feeling was, If ain’t broke, don’t fixit - well looks like it finally broke! : (

JUST STOP USING THEIR CRAP PLAIN AN SIMPLE

Ditto! Can't even download it even though I have Windows 7.

RIGHT ON! AOL GOLD SUCKS!

donrull
#1420778

I find it amazing that AOL chooses to force people into a paid product when their users are dwindling anyway. Perhaps this is an intentional way to get out of the e-mail business?

I have been with AOL since the very beginning and this is finally the nail in the coffin for me. Why would I pay for AOL when gmail offers a superior free web interface and the AOL Gold software will still have tons of annoying advertising?

#1419354

AOL gold is not what I wanted so you High jack my email without notice after over 25 years of service is truly not good consumers friendly. Good-bye AOL . I used aol for everything.

and you can't make changes to desktop. It's listed as beta - I take that as a test program and you have to pay for it. Try to read something and you spend your time closing ads.

I have been a user of AOL for years, this new gold program is a joke I have had nothing but problems since I uploaded the new gold.

They should have called it junk instead of gold, the only gold is the amount that they charge us for this broken system.

If something doesn't change soon I will be forced to leave AOL for a more reliable service, it is a shame after 25 years or more to be forced to switch providers