As soon as I log onto the new AOL Desktop Gold the Windows Task Manager shows it using 95 - 100% of my disk. The 'disk In Use' light on the PC box stays lit continuously, indicating the disk is in constant use.

As soon as I logoff AOL Desktop Gold the disk usage returns to normal. I contacted AOL's help desk, they dinked around, reloaded AOL Desktop Gold, which made no difference, then told me the problem is my Windows 10 OS is out of date. I contacted Microsoft's help desk, let them see what was happening when I fire up AOL Desktop Gold, They went through my system, said my Windows 10 OSs is 100% up-to-date and the problem is in AOL Desktop Gold.

Which makes sense since it's the only application I'm having this problem with. I suspect lots of other folks are having this issue but aren't aware of it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aol Gold Desktop Application.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I am having the same problem with 8.1 using aol desktop gold. I log into aol from google and it works fine. Just cannot use the gold desktop any longer.

I talked to AOL also. They continue to blame it on Windows 10.

Same problem and AOL is unable resolve it so I'm moving on to a better email service.

Have the same problem on my wife's notebook but not on my desktop